Coming up soon is one of the biggest MMA events, if not one of the biggest sporting events of 2017. Of course, I am talking about the Mayweather Vs McGregor fight which will pit one of UFC’s most well-known names, with one of the best up and coming fighters on the scene. At this stage, it is difficult to tell who will win, with odds changing on a day to day basis, but one thing is sure, this is going to be one hell of an event! As well as tuning in to watch the fight, we would highly suggest you try placing a couple of bets on the outcome to net yourself some big prizes, and for a nudge in the right direction, you can find the Floyd Mayweather V Conor McGregor betting guide right here to give you a helping hand.
With two of the biggest names in the world pitted against each other, how much do you really know about either of them? Helpfully we have rounded up a bit of trivia to help you expand your knowledge so read on to find out more!
Facts about Floyd
- Did you know his middle name is “Joy”? Not a very macho or fitting name for an undefeated fighter to have but maybe don’t tell him that!
- Again, rather surprisingly, his favorite film is the romantic chick-flick classic- The Notebook. Well known as a tear jerker for the die-hard romantics amongst us, it was perhaps a surprising admission from Mr. Mayweather.
- He counts Justin Beiber as one of his friends. An unlikely pairing perhaps, but it is actually due to the fact that Mayweathers daughter is a big fan!
- He has a heart- he has donated a lot of food to homeless people in Las Vegas as a part of his philanthropic activities.
- His philanthropic activities also extend to him setting up his own charitable foundation- the Floyd Mayweather Foundation with the aim of benefitting underprivileged children in the Las Vegas area.
Facts about Conor
- McGregor was raised in a town called Crumlin, just outside of South Dublin.
- He was bullied as a child for his small size and height and this is something he credits with inspiring him to break into the world of MMA. I doubt many would dare pick on him these days!
- He trained as a plumber and was actually on the dole just before he won his first high-profile UFC fight!
- His favorite football teams are Manchester United and Lourdes Celtic. That was when he was a child, as now he says that he doesn’t have the time for following football.
- His nickname is now “The Celtic Tiger” and he even has a huge tiger tattoo on his stomach. Me-ow!
Some fascinating facts to flabbergast your friends with the next time the fight crops up in the conversation! But before it all kicks off be sure to do your research, get to grips with the tips, check the oddS, grab a few free bets, and sit back and enjoy the best fight of the year!